Our service is centred on the needs of the child and recognises the rewards and challenges that providing care to children with disabilities can bring.
We have developed a specialist approach through working with our carers to ensure they receive full training for providing care to children with disabilities and also to provide additional support.
Children may have different conditions and disabilities including:
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health needs
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory impairments or challenges
To recognise the different challenges we assist carers with:
- Offering support with equipment or modifying their home
- Provide specific training – for example, 2 days disability awareness training prior to being approved.
- Arranging respite breaks
- Providing higher level of support
- Arranging activities and day trips for children
Our services to Local Authorities are provided either through providing a short term break for a child or offering a short, medium or long placement.
LIKE TO KNOW?